Skip Navigation
District Clerk

Telephone Numbers:
District Clerk: 325-659-6579 Fax: 325-659-3241 IVRS: 325-658-7134 SDU: 1-800-252-8014
Child Support Information
By federal mandate and in accordance with the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act (PRWORA), the Tom Green County District clerk is redirecting child support payments and accounts to the Child Support Disbursement Unit (SDU) in San Antonio. Prior to redirecting your payment you should receive notice from SDU of the change giving you all necessary information to begin processing your payments through them.

Child support orders that are prior to 1994 and that are not Attorney General cases will continue to be processed through the District Clerk's office. Our goal is to have all payments distributed the same day in which they are received. The law requires payments to be processed and mailed within two working days of receipt. The Tom Green County Child Support office is NOT an enforcement office. If you are not being paid the support that is owed to you then you must contact a private attorney or the Office of Attorney General, Child Support Enforcement Division for enforcement of your support order.

The location of the satellite Office of the Attorney General that is responsible for Tom Green County is:
Office of the Attorney General Child Support Enforcement
622 S Oakes, Ste B
San Angelo, TX 76903 325-653-7326

Payment Information

Do not send your payments to San Antonio until you have been notified to do so.

Any payments that are ordered through the Tom Green County Support Office may be hand-delivered or mailed (if mailed be sure to include your cause number on your check or money order). We DO NOT accept cash for child support payment.

Payment information is also obtainable 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling the Integrated Voice Response System (IVRS). The IVRS automated line will tell you the posting date and amount of your last payment made to an account. The automated system will not provide information regarding payments sent to the Attorney General's Office.

Phone Number for IVRS: 325-658-7134

When a call is placed to the IVRS phone number you will be prompted to enter your ID number which is located on your child support payment receipt. If you do not have a receipt you may contact our office at 325-659-6579. We hope that this system will better serve you and provide needed information to you. For those whose payments are now going to the SDU, payment information may be obtained by calling the District Clerk's office (325-659-6579) or the SDU at (800-252-8014).

Name and Address Change

Name and address changes will only be accepted from the person whose name or address is being changed. They MUST be in writing and either hand-delivered, mailed or faxed (325-659-3241) to the Child Support office. A form may be obtained by contacting the District Clerk's office.

Copyright © {{YEAR}} - Tom Green County, Texas

powered by ezTaskTitanium TM